Tuesday 29 July 2014

Beauty Blogger Tag

Beauty Blogger Tag
Hi guys,

I just seen this tag on A Touch of Sparkle and decided to carry one out myself but head on over to her page for her answers if you are interested.

Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I started blogging because I was always giving tips to my friends and family on what make up would suit them and what was the best beauty products to try or give a huge swerve too so I thought I would open it up a bit and give advice to everyone. I love trying new products and giving my view on them whether it be good or bad. I have been blogging since April 2014.

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
I fell in love with Caroline Hirons blog first as I love skincare and she gave the best advice, I then branched out to more beauty based bloggers such as Vivianna Does Make UpLily Pebbles and Pixiwoo.

What was the first blogosphere hyped about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype?
The first hyped up product I bought was the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (£37) and it was totally worth the hype. I loved the fact that it was only £37 for 12 eyeshadows and the packaging was beautiful. I used this palette every day until I bought the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette (£37) so I have gotten a lot of use out of it and it’s still nowhere near finished! Love it.

What are your three favourite things about blogging and being a Beauty Blogger?
Writing Blogs - I love giving my 2 cents about products I have either loved or hated. I also love talking about other things such as books, movies, food etc. as well.
Reading Blogs - I love reading other people’s blogs as you always get a wide range of knowledge about products you may not have tried or heard about before.
Shopping - This is an obvious one for me, I now use my blog as an excuse to go shopping and my boyfriend is quite happy as he sees this as a good thing rather than me spending money on rubbish ha! I love new products but I also love trying out new brands or brands I haven’t heard of before.

What have you learnt from being a Beauty Blogger? 
It’s a lot harder than it looks, you have to keep on top of it at all times and keep people interested. I did go through a stage where I blogged every day but I think I will be blogging about 4 days a week from now on. I learned that social media is a great way to keep in touch with other bloggers and also users with the same interests as me. 

Have you changed anything since becoming a Beauty Blogger? 
I haven’t really changed much but I think my content may have changed slightly or the way I write about things. I haven’t really blogged every day either for the past week or so, this I will be definitely keeping up as it frees up some time.

What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out? 
Write about things you are trying or have loved in the past that way it comes straight from your point of you. Don’t be put off by what others are blogging about, make yours unique and give honest reviews on any products you are trying. Look at your posts to see what ones are the most popular and the least popular to give you an insight to what people want to read. 

What are your top 3 makeup brands?
L’Oréal - I love L’Oréal products, they seem to last well and are reasonably priced. Mac - Who doesn’t love Mac? They have everything you could ever want and it’s a great place to start out. Bourjois - I have really been loving Bourjois as they have really upped their game and came into their own. I especially love their velvet lip colours, eyeliners and foundations.

Recommend your top 5 beauty products. 
Urban Decay Naked Palettes - These are really good value for money and last really well on the eyelids. I have oily lids and they last a good 8hrs on my eyes. NYC Liquid Liner – The best eyeliner I have ever tried. It glides on perfectly and Does. Not. Budge. Plus it’s less than £3. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (£10) This gives an amazing finish to the face. I would recommend this every time. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (£36) I am in love with this foundation. It smoothes over my face like no other foundation and gives a great finish. I love the wear of this as it last for a good 6-8 hours on my face depending on what I’m doing. Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray (£21) I don’t go out without this little beauty on my face. It just keeps everything on for a little longer and your make up will not budge, I promise! 

What is your favourite Benefit product?
My favourite Benefit product would have to be the "They`re Real" Mascara (£19.50). This is amazing stuff, it grabs every little lash and just extends them and makes them look amazing! An excellent buy.



Have you checked out my latest post featuring The Eucerin Dermo Purifyer?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |
* Some links may be affiliates but all thoughts are unbiased and 100% honest,
*Please click links on pictures for source.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great post!
    I have heard amazing things about Urban Decay chill setting spray, I am very tempted.
    Angie x
    www.chocolateandlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u! U should start off with the travel size one first and then upgrade to the full size if you like it :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've heard such good things about the Naked palettes and the setting sprays! Tempted to buy them now! Your url is amazing by the way haha!

    chanteldione.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much honey! Yeah you should totally try them, they are worth it xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig