Thursday 3 July 2014

Graduation Day Tips

Graduation Day Tips



Hi Guys

I haven’t graduated yet but I have been to a few and after talking to some of my friends about their regrets on the day when it comes to choice of clothes, makeup, hair etc. I thought I would share some tips with you to ensure you have the best, comfortable day ever before going off to get rat arsed.

1. Wear a primer – When it comes to makeup, we want it to last all day without running the risk of it melting off throughout the day so a good primer is a must. Have a little look at what primers work best on certain skin types as it will help you decide. I have oily skin so I tend to go for a matte finish or oil free primer as they help me but if you have dry skin then I would suggest a radiance or hydrating one. Another little trick I swear by is to spray setting spray on my face after my primer and then work the foundation in to ensure extra protection.

2. Powder your face – If you are oily like me, this is a must do step as you don’t want to end up with makeup dribbling down your face do you? I would suggest giving your t-zone a little extra care just before you start the ceremony to ensure that you done have a big shiny dome when you take centre stage.
People will be taking photos of you as well so it’s nice to know your face is taken care of. I would suggest Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Powder (£3.99) as its light and colourless but I equally love Mac Studio Fix (£22) for some extra coverage and to create a flawless base.

3. Choose a natural face – If you don’t normally wear makeup, go for a natural finish with some concealer, mascara, nude lipstick and a little highlight to make you pop. There is no point going full hog with a dramatic smokey eye and bold lip if it’s not you. You want to look nice on your big day, you worked your arse off for that certificate so don’t make a show of yourself. If you do want a bold lip, go for a matte finish or a liquid lipstick as these will wear well throughout the day.
Kate Moss Rimmel #107 is a great matte dark red or any of the Mac Matte Lipsticks (£15.50) as the colour selection is amazing. If you want a sheen finish then I would recommend Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Satisfaction or Boy which are great at giving a nice hint of colour to the lips or if you want to down the gloss route I would suggest any of Tanya Burr Cosmetics Lip Glosses (£5.99).

4. Dresses or Trousers? - Wear whatever you feel most comfortable in and always check the weather. If it’s going to be a nice day then whack on a bit of fake tan and get a nice summery dress on to show off your pins. If it’s going to be raining and cold then I would suggest wearing a nice jumpsuit. If you can rock a fabulous dress and heels, go for it girl! It’s your day to shine.

5. Comfortable Shoes - Again, it’s going to be a long day so make sure you wear a comfortable pair of shoes. If you are used to heels then rock them, but if you are more of a flatty lover then find a dressed up pair to compliment your outfit.

6. Hair - You will be wearing a cap so I wouldn't go OTT on the updos ladies as it will weigh it down or loosen all that hard work. Leave it simple, you can always do a little something later on when you are having drinks or a meal.

7. Nails - I would definitely recommend getting your nails done as you will be posing for pictures with your scroll and you don't want chipped or unkempt nails in those pictures that will be on display for everyone to see when they rest on your parent’s fireplace or mantle.

8. Have fun! Take loads of pictures. Get really drunk. Have a nice meal with friends and family. It doesn’t matter what you do but bloody well enjoy it!

Let me know what your plans are in the comments below guys.


Have you checked out my latest post featuring My Skincare Beauty Tag?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 

* Some links may be affiliates but all thoughts are unbiased and 100% honest,
*Please click links on pictures for source.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love this post!!! I graduate a week today and will be keeping these tips in mind - especially the nails one! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww im glad u liked it sweets!! Good luck on ure graduation!!! 🎉👏🎉👏 xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig