Sunday 20 July 2014

Summer Series | Foundations

Summer Series: Foundations

Hi guys,

This is going to be my last summer series post so I thought I would finish off with my 3 favourite foundations to wear in the summer months. I don’t go all in when it’s the hotter months unless I am going out at night time. The main reason is I end up sweating it all off but I also like my skin to breath and enjoy the fresh air without having a barrier over it. Most days I literally just wear sunscreen but if I am going out for whatever reason then I like to add one pump onto the back of my hand and work the foundation in so it looks flawless.

This is a gorgeous skin base as it is very light on the skin but builds to a nice coverage. I would say this is a medium coverage foundation so I only use 1 pump of this and blend with my Sigma F80 brush which gives a flawless look. This doesn't have SPF in it, so I always make sure to put some on before I apply this to make sure I am well protected.

This is my favourite foundation at the moment as its oil free and very hydrating on my skin. It is a very light foundation which can be built up to give more coverage where needed. I only use 1 pump and blend all over my face using my Real Techniques sponge as I don't want a heavy base on my face especially when I am sweating in the heat all day. Again, this doesn't have SPF in it, so I always make sure to put some on before I apply this to make sure I am well protected.

Ok, ok this isn’t exactly a foundation but sometimes you don’t want to wear a foundation but you still want a nice and even skin tone. I usually use this if I can’t be bothered putting on a full face or its really warm out as it also has SPF25 and gives a nice finish to the skin. I do love the fact that it completely smoothes out my face and also minimises my pores ever so slightly.

As that’s the last of my Summer Series I think I may carry out one for the winter as I love the colder months where I get to change up my skin care products and wear darker shades on my nails and lips. What do you think?

Let me know what your summer foundations are in the comments below.


Have you checked out my latest post featuring The Weekly Favourites #3?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Really like the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation but wasn't a huge fan of the GA luminous silk. I know... I'm probably the only one in the world who doesn't love it. :)

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, i know its a hit or miss i think but i love it, it really does the job for me :) xx

      Delete
  2. I picked up the Boujois Healthy Mix foundation and found the palest colour was so dark - I felt a little bit like am oompa loompa haha! In the summer I make sure my foundation has an SPF like the L'oreal Infallible or Revlon Nearly Naked so I don't have to worry about the extra step (because I'm that lazy!)

    Lovely post!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!!! I hate when that happens, i always get vanilla in the healthy mix which is fine for me. I havent tried out any revlon foundations but i do want to try out infallible xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig