Thursday 31 July 2014

Sanctuary Spa | Deep Cleanse Facial 5 minute Thermol Detox Mask

Sanctuary Spa Deep Cleanse Facial 5 minute Thermol Detox Mask

Sanctuary Spa Thermol Detox Mask


Sanctuary Spa Deep Cleanse

Hi my loves, how have you been? 

This is a case of “Bloggers Made Me Do It” and the blame firmly lies with Lily Pebbles. Ever since I watched her bigging it up on her channel, I knew I had to have it immediately.

I have been using Sanctuary Spa Deep Cleanse Facial 5 minute Thermal Detox Mask (£10) twice a week and I have to say, I am blown away. Even though I trust Lily’s judgement, I am always very cynical when brands promise certain things such as "draw out the impurities from deep within the skin" but in the case of Sanctuary Spa, I can hand on heart agree with them. As the name would suggest, it is a warming mask. It’s actually very soothing when you first apply as it’s a gentle heat without being over the top. Due to the warmth, it helps to open up your pores. They aren’t doors but you know what I mean.

I normally double cleanse, pat dry my skin and then apply a mask but this requires you to leave your face damp. I then apply a thin layer all over my face avoiding eyes, nostrils and mouth. I left on for 10 minutes as I end up forgetting about it and then wash off with a wash cloth. I have to say, the texture of the mask if very silky, it feels very luxurious. It doesn’t dry like a clay mask would or a peel, it’s more like a honey mask but without the stickiness.

After the first couple of times I used this, I noticed the little blemishes under my skin came out and they were horrible. I don’t really believe in purging, I think that if your skin is reacting to something in a bad way, then it’s maybe not working but I expected this to happen as that’s the reason I bought it. After a few days and a lot of spot treatment, my blemishes were away and my skin looked clearer. I can’t say that my blackheads or pores looked any different but I liked that my skin didn’t look dull anymore.

After using this for a while, my skin has felt smoother, fresher and healthier. As you know, I do love my Good Things Manuka Honey Face Mask (£5.99) but I have to say, I love this mask just as much.

Have you tried this mask?
If so let me know what you thought in the comments below. If not, I highly recommend you buy it.

Have you checked out my latest post featuring My Liebster Award?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |

SHARE:

19 comments

  1. This mask is really good! Love it! X

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried it yeah? its amazing, totally in love with it xx

      Delete
  2. I love this mask and love how it feels once heated up. I need to go and buy a new one :)

    Pam @ pamsstuffandthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yeah its amazing, will definitely be repurchasing this little gem xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks Zara! I already carried out one yesterday, my answers are on my blog you should check it out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh sounds good - I will have to try this one out! I love the self-heating masks (especially in winter when you want that cosy pampering going on). Helen xx (www.littlehelsb,com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds lovely! I love face warming masks - definitely want to try this xx

    Brenda | www.brendabusybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love this mask - it got my thumbs up in this weeks pampering Sunday post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i seen your pamper post, loved all the products you used xx

      Delete
  7. Hi. I've used this mask a few times, and my skin was pretty good before, and I've now had a horrific breakout. I can't tell if it's a supposed 'purge' or a genuine allergic reaction. How long did it take for your breakout to clear up? Did it scar? Was the breakout a one time thing? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comment.
    I had little blemishes for about 3 to 4 days and then they cleared up. I wasnt left with scars at all though.
    I dont agree with purging so use this twice per week and then use a good skincare regime for blemish prone skin to clear it up. If you break out after using it again, I would think you are allergic to something in the formula xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for replying! I may have used the masks too close together. So I'll wait until my skin clears up, and then try it again. If I get another reaction, then I'll assume I'm allergic. I've never had this bad a reaction before to anything!
      I've used it before a few times but usually over a week between applications, I tried the sachet version as a tester. Maybe I've used it too often.
      I'm gutted though, because the times I've used it in the past my skin was amazing after, really clean and bright. Hopefully its just a one-off bad reaction.

      Delete
    2. I hope so too because its such a great product. Give your skin a break until its better and then use it once or twice per week to see if it works better xx

      Delete
    3. Hi

      Just thought I'd come back to give an update.

      My skin eventually cleared up and I left it for a while before I tried the mask again.

      So I tried it again 2 days ago, and my skin is fine- no rash or breakout, and my skin actually looks really nice.

      I think the problem was that I used the masks too close together. I do have extremely sensitive skin and am allergic to most skincare. But I think if someone has sensitive skin, just use the mask sparingly and occasionally.

      It does leave skin super clean and gorgeous! So glad I didn't have a horrendous breakout again.

      Delete
    4. Thank you for the update, I really appreciate it.

      Im really happy it worked for you! its such a beautiful mask :) xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig