Wednesday 23 July 2014

Mid Week Movie #2

Mid Week Movie #2


Hi guys,

This week has consisted of boxset after boxset as I am still waiting on Sky installing our TV and broadband. Knowing Sky, there will be a charge but I am ready for them. Every house we have moved into, we have had to pay over £100 to install a new dish. I am beginning to wonder if Glasgow had any satellite dishes before we moved into the houses. Anyway, enough about a shit company and more about this week’s blog post.

I’ve actually enjoyed “researching” this week’s blogpost as I haven’t watched any old films for ages. One that I haven’t watched since it first came out was The Blind Side. I finally got Liam to watch this and he loved it too.

This film is based on a true story about a Texan family who befriend and take in a rather large, and I don’t mean overweight, I mean large as in giant size boy named Michael Oher (Quinton Aaron). He is a homeless and traumatized teenager who has drifted in and out of the school system for years before going to live with Leigh Anne Tuohy (Sandra Bullock) and her husband, Sean (Tim McGraw). The Tuohy’s eventually become Michael's legal guardians, transforming both his life and theirs. Through his own hard work and the love of his new family he becomes an American football star.

I adored this film when I first watched it but I actually forgot how good it was. I like all the little touches that the film brings and how each character is a role model, whether it be good or bad, for Michael which goes onto shape his life. I loved the contrast between Michael and the Tuohy’s as they are so different and just knowing each other really opens their eyes. Michael comes from a really poor background in the projects with a mother who is a drug addict and can’t even remember his surname and the Tuohy’s come from a conservative background.
I'm not gonna lie, I cried like a baby at this film, not because it’s really sad but the happy parts really made me appreciate my family and all that we do to support each other. The casting of this film was also spectacular, I felt they all carried out their roles perfectly and made you fall in love with the characters.

If you want to see a great feel good film with some really good heart tugging scenes then I would 100% recommend this.


Have you seen this? Let me know in the comments below.

Have you checked out my latest post featuring My Summer Foundations?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |
* Some links may be affiliates but all thoughts are unbiased and 100% honest,
*Please click links on pictures for source.

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I absolutely loved this film! I got all teary when Michael never had a bed before :( x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I haven't seen this! It looks really great, and the fact it's based on a true life story...that's even cuter! :) x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U should defo watch it Charlotte, its such a beautiful movie xx

      Delete
  3. I saw it a couple of years ago, it really is lovely. I'm a huge Sandra Bullock fan and she deserved that Oscar!
    Littlekaatie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She totally deserved it, she was amazing as the lead xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig