Wednesday 30 July 2014

My Liebster Award and Nominations


My Liebster Award and Nominations

Hi guys

Alice @ She Thunderstorms, Jo @ Caledonian Kitty, Rachel @ Broomfie, Sophie @ Sophie Lauren, Renata @ Speaking Beauty UK and the lovely Becky @ A Little Rosy were all of the girls who nominated me for this Liebster Award, so I just want to say thank you so much but as Alice and Jo were the first to nominate, I will answer their questions only or else this will be a 4 page spread before I know it.

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, and link back to them.  
2. Answer the questions they sent you.  
3. Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to answer your own set of questions.  
4. Notify these 11 bloggers you nominated them.

My Questions from Alice:

1. What is your dream job? 
I would have loved to have been an actress believe it or not but that ship has sailed so I will pick accounting as I am training to be one now.

2. What is the one lipstick you could not live without?
Revolution Lipstick by Urban Decay in Native. It’s so hydrating, pigmented and does not come off easily. I love it, by far my most used.

3. If you could live in one country in the world where would you live?
I would live in Australia, I love the relaxed attitude of people in Australia, especially Melbourne and the weather is obviously better than Glasgow!

4. Why did you start blogging?
I started  blogging as I was always being asked my opinions on beauty products from my friends and family which I enjoyed so I thought I would open it up to a wider audience and state my opinions about products I have been trying out. 

5. What is your beauty bad habit?
I always forget to moisturise my body!

6. What is the one make up brand you could not live without?
I would say Mac as they have everything a girl needs.

7. What is your favourite film?
I have too many to say but I love Goodfellas, Clueless, Pretty Woman, Dirty Dancing, How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days, The Craft, The Notebook, Up Close and Personal, Calamity Jane, Never Been Kissed & Titanic. That’s all I can remember from the top of my head but these are the films I reach for when nothing is on TV, I need to cry or I need to laugh.

8. Favourite band?
Guns and Roses! Hands down :)

9. Do you have any tattoos?
Yes one of a clover on my wrist. There is no meaning to it at all.

10. Favourite item in your wardrobe?
A khaki jacket I picked up from a cheap shop in Glasgow years ago! I wear this all the time as its light and easy to match with any outfit I am wearing unless it’s very dressy.

My Questions from Jo:
1) What Country Are You From?
Scotland, UK

2) Costa Coffee, Starbucks or Cafe Nero?
Costa Coffee.

3) What was your last Blog post about?
It was a Beauty Blogger tag.

4) Whose Blog did you last read?
Vivianna Does Makeup... I’m obsessed!

5) What's your favourite time of the year?
Autumn. I love the colours of autumn and the smell in the air. I also love any excuse to wrap up.

6) Last Movie you saw?
A Beautiful Mind with Russel Crown, Ed Harris and Jennifer Connelly... I bawled like a baby.

7) Do you collect anything? If so, what and why?
Lipsticks and handbags, it makes me happy.

8) Do you prefer shopping online or going out shopping?
Online 100%. I hate shopping centres as they are far too warm and I hate wandering about town as its usually windy and raining in Glasgow.

9) Worst Customer Service Experience?
Sky is always the worst experience for me. I don’t know if you remember me mentioning that I moved house recently and was watching boxsets as I was waiting for my Sky to be installed. Well, the house I live in has a communal dish and there are other sky users in the block. I confirmed this with my neighbours. I was also under strict instructions from my landlord not to drill holes out of the building as it’s a new build and it’s distracting, something I agree with. So when the sky engineers came out, he advised it was going to be £145 to have a new dish put up. He then went away, messed about for 5 minutes and came back to tell me it would be closer to £300 as they had to drill through the wall to the outside of the building. I told him my neighbours had sky, there was a communal dish and my landlord forbid such work being carried out. I asked him to leave as this was ridiculous.
I phoned Sky immediately to inform them, they hung up on me FIVE TIMES. I finally tried again after much swearing and shouting to myself in an empty flat ha-ha, great impression for the neighbours.
Sky told me that this £300 would have to be paid if I wanted to use their subscription. I told them this was absurd and told them to cancel the subscription as I was not paying that amount of money when there was a communal dish for all persons to use. I told him I felt as though I was being bullied into paying this money. He said he would not cancel the contract, I would have to pay or else he would terminate the call. Bear in mind, I am being very calm at this point in time, especially after being hung up on not once but five times plus I`m a fiery Scot. It was hard, but I managed it.
I asked to speak to his manager, he refused and repeated to me my options again in a very condescending manner. I told him I wouldn’t pay anything including the £300 or the remainder of the contract. He hung up ha-ha. I was honestly livid.
UPDATE: 9 months later, after paying the remaining 3 months. I was called by Sky to say they would install my Sky for free and would use the communal dish. I told them to shove it up their arse as I was now with Virgin who are far superior. I then hung up the phone. Petty I know, but it felt great!

10) What was the last book you read or are currently reading?
I am still reading the Strain by Guillermo Del Toro. It’s so bloody long!

11) What was the last product you reviewed?

My nominees are as follows:
1. Lucy at Florals and Corals
2. Miss Ani at A Touch of Sparkle
3. Kelsey at Leather and Lipstick
4. Helen at Little Hels B
5. Rere at Makeup by Rere
6. Katie at Vanilla in November
7. Sophie at Ditsy Eyed
8. Jess at Little Jess Cat
9. Kelsey at Sparkle and Shine
10. Emily at Lynde Avenue
11. Jemma at Jemma in Words

Here are my 11 Questions for you to answer
1) Favourite blogger?
2) Favourite Season?
3) What is the meaning behind your blog name?
4) Online Shopping or making a day of it by wandering around for hours in shops?
5) What’s your favourite mascara?
6) What’s your favourite book?
7) Tell me 3 of your Holy Grail beauty products?
8) Bath or Shower?
9) The worst beauty mistake you have seen?
10) Tell me 1 random fact about yourself
11) Your dream holiday destination?
Well that is my questions guy, tweet me your answers so I can check out your answers please?




Have you checked out my latest post featuring My Beauty Blogger Tag?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |
* Some links may be affiliates but all thoughts are unbiased and 100% honest,
*Please click links on pictures for source.
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. lovely post i love reading liebster awards :) id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/07/be-delicious-with-dkny.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Amy! Yeah i will head over just now and check out your blog xx

      Delete
  2. Nice answers. I love Vivianna Does Makeup too and I also get lazy and tend to only moisturise the upper part of my body. hehe

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice answers! Vivianna Does Makeup is one of my favourite bloggers/youtubers as well. And I also tend to get lazy and moisturise only the upper part of my body. hehe

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, i know its just something i forget about... Anna is amazing isnt she, totally one of my faves xx

      Delete
  4. Hey, I'm new to your blog and just felt I had to comment when you said you wanted to live in Australia. as an Australian, I just wanted to say thanks! I really want to live in Scotland haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading your answers :)
    Alice xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) :) i loved answering them. Thanks again for the nomination :) I have included you in my top 10 bloggers which is today's post, I took your photo off of twitter, i hope you dont mind. I did put a disclaimer on my post though xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig